DATA PROTECTION AND COOKIES MANAGEMENT POLICY
Up-dated on June 10th , 2019
Protection of your personal data is really important for Cathay Capital. Since May 25, 2018, the processing of your personal data is subject to the EU regulation 2016/679 of April 27, 2016 (“RGPD”) relating to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free circulation of these data.
1. Purpose of the policy
This policy is intended to provide you with detailed information about how Cathay Capital collects, protects and retains your personal information, as well as the reasons for their use and sharing. This policy also aims to inform you of your rights regarding the collection and processing of your personal data and the procedures for exercising your rights.
2. Who are we ?
This website is managed by Cathay Capital Private Equity and Cathay Innovation (together “Cathay Capital”) and our core business includes the management of investment funds in Europe.
Cathay Capital Private Equity is a simplified joint-stock company with capital of € 1,600,000 having its registered office located at 52 Rue d’Anjou, 75008 Paris, registered with the RCS Paris under No. 490 506 045. Cathay Capital Private Equity is a management company approved by AMF (Autorité des Marchés Financiers) under No. 07000002. It is also approved under the AIFM Directive.
Cathay Innovation is a simplified joint-stock company with a capital of € 1,000,000 and its head office located at 52 Rue d’Anjou, 75008 Paris, registered with the RCS Paris under number 818 298 194. Cathay Innovation is a Portfolio Management Company approved by the AMF (Autorité des Marchés Financiers) under No. 16000027. It is also approved under the AIFM Directive.
3. What personal data does Cathay Capital use?
Cathay Capital may collect various types of personal data about you, including:
- Your identifying information (surname, first name, nationality, date and place of birth, gender)
- Your contact details (postal address and email address, telephone number);
- Your family situation (for example, marital status, number of dependents);
- Information about your education, your profession and your professional experience and financial knowledge;
- Data related to your subscription in the financial products managed by Cathay (banking, financial and transaction data, experience in underwriting in private equity products, etc.);
- Data collected through exchanges, on its website or on social networks, or even at meetings or professional fairs, interviews, telephone conversations, e-mails.
4. For what purpose does Cathay Capital use your personal data?
- To comply with its legal or regulatory obligations;
- To conclude a contract with you or to contact you, at your request, to conclude a contract;
- To periodically communicate on its news or those of its portfolio companies;
- To invite you to participate in the events organized by Cathay.
5. What does Cathay Capital share your personal information with?
Your personal data is used exclusively by Cathay Capital and will not be sold or transmitted to third parties. However, they may be the subject of a communication in certain cases, namely:
- To judicial or financial authorities, state agencies or public bodies, upon their request and within the limits of what is authorized by the regulations;
- To professional providing services on behalf of Cathay Capital (custodians, auditors, etc.).
6. How long is your personal data kept?
Cathay Capital keeps your personal data:
- as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which they were collected and processed;
- for the time necessary to comply with the applicable regulations and in particular the applicable limitation periods;
- for a defined period in view of its operational constraints (life of the funds, management of the customer relationship, etc.);
- to respond to legal demands or requests from authorities and regulators.
7. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
Depending on the legislation applicable to your situation, you may exercise the following rights:
- Right of information: you have the right to be informed accurately, exactly, transparently and in an accessible way;
- Right of access: you can obtain information about the processing of your personal data and a copy of this data;
- Right of rectification: if you believe that your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that this data be rectified or supplemented accordingly;
- Right to erasure: you can request the deletion of your personal data, within the limits of what is allowed by the regulations;
- Right to limit processing: in some cases, you may request the limitation of the processing of your personal data;
- Right to withdraw your consent: if you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you may withdraw this consent at any time. Cathay Capital may, however, invoke legitimate and compelling reasons for keeping them;
- Right to the portability of your data: when this right is applicable, you can ask Cathay Capital for the communication of your personal data, or, where technically possible, the transfer of these data to a third party, without Cathay Capital can oppose it.
You also have a right of opposition, allowing you to oppose the processing of your personal data for reasons related to your particular situation. You have the absolute right to oppose at any time that your data be used for commercial prospecting purposes, or for profiling purposes if this profiling is linked to a commercial prospection.
If you wish to exercise the aforementioned rights or if you simply want to ask your questions about the processing of your personal data, you can send an email to the following address: [email protected] or send an post mail to the following address:
52 rue d’Anjou
In accordance with the applicable legislation, in addition to the rights mentioned above, you have the right to contact a data protection authority, such as the CNIL in France www.cnil.fr.
This web site has been declared to the CNIL (French supervisory commission for data protection) in accordance with the law of January 6, 1978.
Cathay Capital may update its data protection policy at any time and put it online, indicating the date of revision. We invite you to regularly check the Cathay Capital website to keep you informed of these updates.
How are cookies managed?
By browsing the website https://www.cathaycapital.com one or more “Cookies” can be deposited on your computer, mobile or tablet. This paragraph allows you to better understand how “cookies” work and how to set your internet browsers to manage them well.
What is a cookie ?
A “Cookie” is a small text file saved on your computer’s hard drive when visiting a website or viewing an advertisement. It is managed by your internet browser. Its purpose is to collect information about your browsing sites, to send you personalized services, but cannot be used to recover data on your disk, install a virus, or obtain your personal information.
More information about Cookies on the CNIL website http://www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-cookies/
Types of cookies posted by the Cathay Capital website:
- Statistic Cookies: in order to adapt our site to the requests of our visitors, we measure the number of visits, the number of pages viewed as well as the visitors’ activity on the site and their frequency of return. These cookies make it possible to establish traffic analysis statistics from which the contents of our site are improved according to the success met by a page or another with our visitors. The validity period of these cookies is 6 months;
- Cookies to memorize: your preferences of use, the parameters of display and readers that you use in order to facilitate your navigation during your next visit on our website. The validity period of these cookies is 7 days.
Your cookie choices:
You can choose to accept the deposit of cookies on your device and change this decision at any time by modifying the settings of your internet browser. Depending on the type of browser, you will have the following options: accept or reject cookies of any origin or a given source or schedule a message asking for your consent each time a cookie is placed on your terminal.
To express or change your choices, refer to the help menu or to the dedicated section of your browser.
NB: Preventing the deposit of cookie on your terminal does not make disappear the advertisements posted on the contents which you consult on line. Your refusal only blocks the adaptation of these advertisements to your centers of interest as deduced from your navigation course.